Recently, the excellent Laura from Boats Against the Current nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Laura is a great new blogger and I recommend that you pay her site a visit. I was very flattered to be nominated by Laura as a fellow ‘newbie’ blogger. I was nominated for the Liebster Award a while back and found it a great way to discover new blogs, so lets get going.
First up – The Rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
- Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
1. Which book character would you like as a best friend?
This was a surprisingly hard question to answer because I read a lot of books with very dysfunctional characters (what that says about me I don’t want to know). However, I’d probably be friends with Emma in One Day by David Nicholls. I found her very relatable and I could see us getting along swimmingly.
2. Is there any genre of book that just doesn’t interest you at all?
I like to think of myself as an equal opportunities reader and truthfully there is very little that I won’t try, BUT the idea of erotica tends to make me cringe and so it doesn’t interest me really. I’m far too old school to be reading 50 shades of grey on the train.
3. How did you name your blog?
I started the blog just as a thing to do to get me writing again. Writing a novel is at the top of my bucket list so I started the blog to ‘chronicle’ my progress. I quickly realized that there is this mmaaahoosssiiivvvee book blogging community and so my blog broadened almost immediately to include book reviews, thoughts on reading and writing, and bookish related lifestyle stuff. I like to think it is the better for it.
4. How often do you re-read books?
Hardly ever. Although there are a few books that I want to write some “my favourite things” posts on and have been thinking it would a good idea to read them again before I do.
5. Have you ever abandoned a book series half way through?
I’m notorious for reading one or two books in a series and not going back to finish them off. I don’t know whether it is boredom, impatience or what. Off the top of my head I can only remember finishing the Hunger Games, the Harry Potter novels and the Millennium trilogy.
6. If you had to be trapped in an elevator with three book characters, who would they be?
James Bond (cause he’d probably know how to get out of the elevator), Atticus Finch (because he could sue the elevator company for negligence after we escaped) and Brett Ashley from the Sun Also Rises (cause she’d probably be able to turn getting trapped in an elevator into some kind of party).
7. Is there any song that reminds you of a certain book?
I haven’t actually read it so it’s very unfair but the theme tune to Downton Abbey always makes me think of the Remains of the Day
8. Where is your favourite place to read?
Parque Retiro in Madrid on a summer’s day or, failing that, in bed.
9. Have you given any books negative reviews, and why?
I haven’t been blogging for terribly long and have yet to give a properly negative review to a book. I’m sure I will at some point (I’m not adverse to giving bad reviews) but it hasn’t happened yet.
10. If you could write your own memoir, what would the title be?
This is a good question. 🙂 Apparently when I was a nipper I was a right little bossy-boots and didn’t like anyone else doing things for me. If anyone tried to read to me, cut up my food, tie my laces, pack my bags, help with drawing etc I’d respond with “I’ll do it myself.” I reckon my family still think I’m that mistrusting pain in the ass since they’re convinced that will be the title of my memoirs.
As always, if you’ve been nominated before or are not keen on answering the questions – no problem. This is just about sharing the book blogger love around 🙂
The Book Eaters
Pages and Tea
My Book Strings
A Little Blog of Books
Hannah Reads Stuff
The Girl Who Loves Books
Sorry it’s less than ten nominees but I’ve got to get back to hitting my NanoWriMo word count today and thinking too much about this post is giving me wrinkles. I hope ya’ll understand.
My Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favourite book or movie that passes the bechdel test (if you’re not sure what that is click here)?
2. Is there any book/movie or song that everyone else seems to like that just baffles you?
3. Is there anything about blogging that you don’t like?
4. White Potato, Sweet Potato or Hot Patootie?
5. Who’s your favourite Sherlock?
6. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
7. Would you ever or have you ever written a novel?
8. If you were in a sitcom, what would your catchphrase be?
9. What are you reading right now?
10. Does my bum look big in this?